Careers at Structure Based Design (SBD)
It is SBD's policy to give equal consideration to all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, medical condition, disability or gender identity.
Post-doc and Research Associate
The candidate will join our fast paced research group in protein biochemistry and recombinant DNA technology. The position entails producing and expressing recombinant proteins to support crystallographic efforts for co-crystal structure determination with clients’ compounds and our fragment library.
The ideal candidate will have the following background/skill sets:
- Ph.D., or Masters, in molecular biology, biochemistry, or the equivalent knowledge and experience, is required.
- Must be highly organized, motivated and able to work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the following areas:
- Cloning including PCR, restriction analysis, DNA sequencing, primer and vector design of clones for use in E. coli and/or baculovirus expression systems. Experienceith Baculovirus cell cultures (including Wave bioreactor fermentations) and transfection techniques a plus
- Protein expression analysis, optimization, and scale-up using bioreactors
- Design and execute protein purification and characterization protocols to obtain the best protein for the project
- Protein purification of recombinant proteins including but not limited to: His-tag, GST-tag, Maltose affinity purification, Ion Exchange, Hydrophobic Interaction, Size Exclusion
- Protein refolding
- Purification of untagged proteins
- Western blotting and SDS-PAGE techniques
- Assay Development: Fluorescence, TRF, Luminescence, PF, Couple assay
- Working knowledge of Bioinformatics and databases would be helpful
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.